Sunday, January 07, 2007

The past 2006 was really a huge challenge for me. A lot of memories, went through couple of hardships, struggled a bit with studies, took up a lot of new responsibilities, and so on.

2006 was the year when I stepped into fourth year in uni. Things were hard, having to cope up with something I never even dare to go into was a huge challenge for me. I always wanted to study Oil and Gas Engineering as a general without even dare to incorporate any particular field. I presumed that this would be the easiest way to end my uni. But God has better plan for me. I prayed and He suggested that I should give it a go - into the field of marine engineering - becoming what we called a naval architect - which a lot of my coursemates DID NOT dare to give it a shot. You see, I had absolutely no idea about ships - i mean, i would love to own a boat - because I like to fish. But ship building those kind of stuffs...hmm sounds tough. But God has always put people around me to help me, guide me - my coursemates, my friends, my cell members who are always there to support and guide me. And somehow rather, I managed to pull through this year with absolutely no sweat. Really want to thank God for that, for I know all these knowledges belong to Him, not me.

2006 was also the year when I took up usher leading - a privilege to serve the congregation of UWA and sometimes the whole church. Usher leading was also something new for me, considering the fact that I was very impatient, very harsh and firm in my own ways of doing things. But God gave me this opportunity not so that I can practice all these skills onto my people, but more on learning to accept each others' differences and work together as a team. I learned to serve not only God, but my ushers, people around me. I also learned that I could always learn from people around me, especially my fellow ushers who served as hard as I did. ALl glory goes to God.

Took up cell leading was also one of the key agenda of the year. Things changed - I had to take care of people, not being the one taken care of. And I really enjoyed doing it because I see this as a privilege given by God, for me to take care of His sheeps. And the outcome of this was simple - I learned to love His people like how God loves me. I also learned a lot of things from my cell members - and I am open to prayers from them, giving every opportunities for them to serve the Lord and be a leader among themselves. Being proud of them for the spiritual growth and the bonding.

2006 was also the year when I found "her" - the woman behind the scene of my life. The one who is always there to support me. The one who is always back there praying for me. The one whom I could approach when I needed some encouragements. She is awesome, beautiful, plays the keys (hehe VERY ATTRACTED to that btw), spiritually stable. She is my helper, my trusted banker. She never leaves me behind, being so patient and always put efforts in cooking for me. True blessing from heaven. I thank God for her.

And also a year when I found a job vacation. Such good timing - within such tight period of time. Along the way, God tested a lot of my faith, but I eventually reached the time when God just opened the door and I managed to secure a 3 months internship job to fulfill my degree. Not only that - but God gave me even more. A well paid work experience in a nice engineering firm with an international marine engineering company where I can click along VERY WELL with the people there. Having an english boss with all the british ascents - hmm that is pretty funny btw. Just want to thank Him for all the efforts in finding the right job for me. Really love this job very much.

Oh well, end of the old 2006. Hope for more from God. I believe as long as I walk closer to Him, He will deliver me in the way that He had planned earlier. Thank You.

No comments: