Tuesday, January 23, 2007





I watched Eight Below last night. Truly a superb movie for dog lovers out there. It reminds me of my dogs back home. I used to have a few german shepherds at home when I was young. We started off with 2, given by one of my dad's friend whose dogs reproduced too much until he had to give out a few. We took 2, one male and female - Rascal and Pretty. Both of them were beautiful - totally white and they were very smart. They even start to reproduce after one year or so hehe.
Our family - we are all dog lovers. It came from the gene i guess. My grandpa loved dogs too - brown ones especially. My dog was house-trained by my dad. It could fetch the newspaper every morning and put it right in front of the door. This is particular useful when it comes to rainy days. Not only that - my Rascal had helped the neighbour to kill a snake and survived the snake's poison bite. It scared away a thief once who tried to climb into our house compound. Rascal was faithful - always ran straight to me when he saw me walking back from school. It served us well. He died of heart attack after 10 years.

I did not have a soft copy of his picture since last time we dun even have a digital camera. But have a few hardcopies back home. This is how a german shepherd looks like (most top picture). I promise myself that i will get one here once i can afford to.
Unlike cats, dogs can identify its owner - and communicate with them. Dogs are helpful animals, except those tiny little dogs or fierce killer dogs. A faithful servant, an ultimate companion. Lets agree that cats are useless. I dun like cats at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

erm.. you seem to be very very free since i'm not there hey. you get to exercise more.. hahaha... then i shall go back later then.. and excuse me......... i love cats pls......thank you

Adeline