Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Oh i went down to Margaret River with my parents last weekend. It was awesome - i got to spend more time with my family, celebrated my dad's 58th birthday and got to drink a bit with my siblings.

The weather down south was great, and really enjoyed the company. We din get to move around much, but that was a very relaxing break for me before moving back to uni.


One of the BP stations between Busselton and Bunbury

I was really in need for that rest and God provided with my mum, out of a sudden, suggested that we do a trip down south. But too bad adeline couldn't make it because of church events and stuff, but it was alright. I clocked 700km in 2 days, thanks to my reliable civic that brought me through smoothly - she's da bomb!

Busselton Jetty

Sandy beaches, wineries, lighthouses, sunset and sunrise. It was truly a rest, and setting apart to rest for a while - to spend some time alone with Him. Nevertheless, i really enjoyed myself!


Family photo (Extra: Aunty at the top left end)

Apart from the trip, i am still trying to shift back to uni life, which is of course more slack and more sleeps. I kind of miss my colleagues - the jokes we made about each other, the laughters, the funs, the sleep-during-worktime and got caught, the beer sessions, the never-ending meetings, the projects, the sound of the jammed printer, the irritating phone calls, the greetings on answering machines when we were too lazy to pick up the calls, the toilet bombing issues, and so on. I miss the people, my generous boss and his secretary, my supervisor, and everyone in the engineering department.


One of my marine warranty review letters

My boss is extremely generous and friendly, and i was given a lot of opportunities to do proper engineering work. I was relieved from doing spreadsheet 2 weeks after i started my work, and was shifted straight into project management. It was indeed a privilege, and i wasn't contributing a lot to the project team except some stupid random jokes, but my boss, being who he is, was encouraging enough to always assured me that I am doing a good job.



Strawberries (The Berry Farm, Margaret River)

I learned a lot for the past 4 months, not too much on real life engineering application, but on the soft skills like communicating with my colleagues, and how to blend myself into the industry and the people. I learned to love the people, to bless them with practical things, to encourage and help them in every way i can. I constantly reminded myself that I am not only a naval architect in the office, but I am more of a person in there to bless and to love the people - to spread His word and His presence in there. And to bring joy to them.


Dunsborough beach (in between Busselton and Margaret River)

So now, no more review letters, no more huge chuck of blue prints/diagram to follow up, no calculations to be done, no spreadsheets to play around with. Seriously, I prefer to work rather than studying. I miss my work place to the max. I am going back tomorrow to collect my wages, and also for the project closing.

But oh well, life goes on. Things changed for good. And its time to move on onto greater heights!
Oh by the way, whoever knows anyone who is pursuing Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture, Structural Analysis, Oil and Gas Engineering and related fields, and is looking for a placement, you can ask me for my company's contact. They are very keen in looking for placement students. They pay well, and we are indeed a NON-SMOKING COMPANY!! hehe...at least in australia office we dun have any smokers.

1 comment:

♥~kimmy~♥ said...

nice pics.. i also wanna go Down South again..

take care..

http://kimberlychia.blogspot.com